Until recently I had no interest to wear red, somehow it evoked just ugly Christmas sweaters and bad valentines dresses. And I couldn’t find the right red… like Diana Vreeland said:
“All my life I’ve pursued the perfect red. I can never get painters to mix it for me. It’s exactly as if I’d said, “I want Rococo with a spot of Gothic in it and a bit of Buddhist temple” – they have no idea what I’m talking about. About the best red is to copy the color of a child’s cap in any Renaissance portrait.”
Now, I admit I was wrong. I think that the red in Vermeer’s painting “The girl with the red hat ” is perfection and I’m in love with Monet’s poppies. That’s enough to make me really enthusiastic about wearing red this fall.
How would I wear it?
- Head to toe is always an option. Pick different textures to give dimensions to the outfit.
- Wear a red statement piece and keep the rest simple.
- If you want to take a more subtle approach, go for a pop of color in a dark floral print. A flash of crimson will not only inject freshness into your wardrobe, but also a seductive air.
- Choose a bright lip color. I SHOULD HAVE STARTED WITH THIS. Red lipstick has a long-standing reputation for instantly refreshing your look.
My favorite is the new Hourglass Lipstick in Desire. It is a very modern, bright orange red. The Confession Ultra Slim Lipstick blurs the line between beauty and accessory. It’s the ultimate luxury lip accessory that fits in my pocket or clutch.
- It has a creamy, saturated, long-wearing color with a satin finish without smudging or feathering.
- Each ultra slim lipstick is encapsulated in a sleek gold applicator to provide the ultimate control to precisely accentuate, contour and define the lips.
- The gold applicator can be used interchangeably with the full collection of Confession Ultra Slim Lipstick Refills (sold separately) Genius !
- Invest in a pair of luscious crimson-velvet boots and you can start wearing them right now. You’re welcome!
What’s going to be your pick?